The Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch is an affordable heart rate monitor watch. It has an app to track your workout, get notifications of upcoming events, get GPS tracking information without the need for a phone or other wearable.
The Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch is a good choice for anyone who wants to keep their workout times logged and not have to pay for a pricey device. Polar makes quality products that are reliable and come at a reasonable price point.
A smart, intuitive training computer for runners and cross-training athletes, the Polar RS300X watch wrist heart rate monitor helps you to train at the right intensity with personal training zones. The RS300X comes with Polar’s S1 foot pod, which accurately measures your running speed/pace and distance. Committed runners will find the most value in the real-time pace and distance measurement of the S1 foot pod. And even though it attaches to your shoelaces, it’s so light that you’ll forget it’s even there, which means it won’t affect your running performance.
Additionally, the Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor is compatible with the separately available G1 GPS sensor, which is a great choice for those who mix up their training regimen with cycling, inline skating, paddling, mountain biking, or hiking. This package comes with the Polar WearLink+ 31 coded transmitter (with a changeable battery).
The Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor enables athletes to train at the right intensity and improve their performance through core metrics such as heart rate, speed, distance, pace, and calorie burn. Advanced features include Polar’s exclusive OwnZone feature for individualized zone training by heart rate or pace, a fitness test, and auto lap splits, which display average heart rate, pace, and distance per lap. Athletes can easily review up to 16 past workout files to check their progress and ensure they’re staying on track with their fitness or training plan.
Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor
- Strap Size: 8.5″ NOTE: Measurements from the last hole to the end of the rubber band next to the buckle (not end-to-end)
- The easy-to-use heart rate monitor will help you train at the right intensity
- Built-in fitness test helps you track and monitor your health improvement
- S1 foot pod is robust, shock, and water-resistant to handle the most demanding of runs, and changing the battery is simple and effortless
- Heart rate displayed as a percentage of maximum heart rate, BPM, and average heart rate of total exercise
- Tracks your latest 16 training sessions and your last 16 weeks of training
- Visual and audible alarm in target zones: Informs you every time your heart rate and/or speed/pace exceeds the upper limit or falls below the lower limit of your target zone during a training session.
- Polar OwnIndex Fitness Test calculates aerobic fitness (comparable to maximal oxygen uptake, VO2max) providing a reference to base training intensity and measure improvement.
- Polar OwnCal: This shows your energy expenditure during one exercise session as well as your accumulated kilocalories during several exercise sessions. Because the OwnCal tracks both the energy expenditure during one exercise session and the accumulated kilocalories during a longer time e.g. one week, it helps in achieving both short-term and long-term goals.
- Time in Target Zone feature calculates the amount of total training time spent in your personal target zone. You can use this feature together with the Total Exercise Time to determine the effectiveness of your training program.
- Number of laps – 99
- GPS Watch features: alarm with snooze, dual time zone, stopwatch
- Compatible with Polar FlowLink (available separately)
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Backlighting, display zoom
- Event Countdown Timer: Keeps your motivation high by showing how many days are left before your next running event (e.g., Berlin 23 days).
Read More: Apple Watch Series 8 GPS Review
The first EKG accurate wireless heart rate monitor was invented by Polar back in 1977 as a training tool for the Finnish National Cross Country Ski Team. The concept of intensity training by heart rate swept the athletic world in the eighties. By the 1990s, individuals were looking to heart rate monitors not only for performance training needs but also for achieving everyday fitness goals.
Today, the same concept of heart rate training is being used by world-class athletes as well as everyday people trying to lose weight. Polar is the leading brand among consumers, coaches, and personal trainers worldwide and the company is committed to not only producing the best products but also being the leading educator on the benefits of heart rate-based exercise.