in this review, we are going to look at the Garmin Vivoactive 4 which is another choice for you if you want a GPS running watch that is very advanced. With our top pick that gave you the Fitbit Surge, you get all of the features that you need and we do recommend our top choice over the Garmin Vivoactive 4.
However, you may well look at this one and decide that you want this one instead, both of these choices are very high-end and will give you more than enough features if you want to get the most from your running GPS watch.
Let us have a quick look at the Garmin Vivoactive 4 features:
- DISPLAY – Ultra-thin, high-resolution, sunlight-readable, color touchscreen display
- GPS-ENABLED – Built-in GPS-enabled running, biking, and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking apps let you view your stats even when away from your phone
- Smart Notifications – Pairs with your smartphone1 to gently vibrate and display alerts for incoming calls, texts, emails, and calendar items plus notifications from social media and other apps
- BATTERY LIFE – Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS3.
- CONNECT IQ – Free downloads of watch faces, widgets, data fields, and apps from our Connect IQ Store
Garmin Vivoactive 4
- Tune in to your body, and tone up with the 45mm Vivoactive 4 GPS smartwatch.
- It has the broadest available range of all-day health monitoring features, music storage, and on-screen, Animated workouts To help you reach your goals.
- Boost every activity by downloading your favorite Spotify or Deezer playlists (which may require a premium subscription with a third-party music provider) straight to your watch.
- Bezel Material: Stainless steel.
With the Garmin Vivoactive 4, you will be getting a very advanced running GPS smartwatch and some of the main features are:
- Ultra-thin GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
- Built-in sports apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking, and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking, let you view your stats even when away from your phone
- Pairs with your smartphone to gently vibrate and display alerts for incoming calls, texts, emails, and calendar items plus notifications from social media and other mobile apps
- Customize with free watch face designs, widgets, and apps from our Connect IQ store
- Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks5 in smartwatch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
This watch of the Garmin Vivoactive series will actually give you the most varied array of features compared to any of our choices you will be able to use the built-in sports apps that will keep you active while smart notifications allow you to stay in contact with work matters. So this device is aimed to be worn all of the time and you can be used stats when you step out of the office for a run.
You will find that it is very thin and lightweight and you will be up to using this and wear it all day with easy transition from the office to the golf course, you also have the option of cycling, running or walking and plenty more that you can pick from the built-in sports apps.
If you are using the running GPS for actual running you will find this gives you some really advanced features that you can use such as auto lap, and auto-pause it will also automatically sync all of the data with Garmin connect, which will give you information such as your calories burned and also and if you have scored any personal records such as you fastest or longest run to date.
You will also be able to pair it with your smartphone and that will allow you to download course maps from the golf course database it actually contains save 38,000 courses worldwide say if you are using this for golf this is another plus side.
You can even use this for swimming and it will give you some pretty advanced features that you can use when you are trying to calculate your stroke count and the number of strokes per length as well as interval settings as well.
You will even be able to expand this further and use custom apps and watch faces if you want to and you will be able to challenge yourself and set goals that include built-in activities to help you reach them depending on the sport that you are trying to better yourself in.
Read More: TomTom Rider 550 Review
this is the ultimate GPS running watch and if you are going to be doing a lot of different sports then you will want to get this one instead of our top choice as it really does give you overkill in the number of features that you get and it has five-star reviews from customers who have purchased!