I originally got my Garmin etrex Touch 35 GPS review, with 3 years ago and it is still in perfect working order. The accuracy level of 10 to 12 feet is pretty good for a handheld GPS in this price bracket. The compass and altimeter are also pretty good for a fairly budget – best price – model like this.
The maps that come preloaded are not terribly useful for road navigation, the Garmin etrex Touch 35 really is meant to be used for geocaching and hiking, walking type activities. That said the basic maps are perfectly adequate for any purpose, and the extra topo maps GPS available on microSD cards greatly enhance it’s useability. To install better maps you will also need at least a 2GB micro SD memory card.
The Garmin etrex base map contains lakes, rivers, cities, interstates, national and state highways, railroads, and coastlines. Other details include 1,000 waypoints with names and graphic symbols, a built-in patch antenna, a hunt/fish calendar, sun and moon information, and a geocaching mode.
With the buttons down the side the Garmin etrex Touch 35 is easy to operate one-handed, and the 256-color TFT display is as easy to read in sunlight as under any other conditions.
Get the Garmin etrex Touch 35 GPS at best Price on Amazon
Garmin etrex Touch 35
- Touchscreen – 2.6-inch tone, capacitive touchscreen show
- Action profiles – simple to-utilize route for various exercises, including climb, climb, chase, bicycle, geocache, fish and that’s only the tip of the iceberg
- Electronic compass – all models offer a 3-pivot tilt-repaid electronic compass, which shows your heading in any event, when stopping, without holding it level
- Inherent planning – all models include an overall base guide with concealed alleviation, while the 35t comes preloaded with either topo u.s. 100k or topo Canada maps
- Barometric altimeter – brilliant notices – ant+ network
The Garmin etrex Touch 35 GPS Unit Features
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver for optimum performance in all environments
- Lightweight, compact and waterproof
- Features a 1.7-inch X 1.3-inch screen with 256-level color TFT
- Built-in basemap with automatic routing capability
- USB connection for high-speed map downloads
- Technical Details
- Model: Garmin GPS etrex Touch 35
- Receiver Description: 12 channel
- Native Resolution: 176×220
- Battery Life Average: 25 Hours
- measures 2.2 by 4.2 by 1.2 inches (W x H x D)
- backed by a full one-year warranty
The design makes the Garmin etrex Touch 35 particularly good to use with one hand, the screen is always clear and easy to read even in sunlight
The Garmin Vista manual is not at all comprehensive, but you just need to play around with it for a while to get to know the unit. Quite intuitive, the menus, buttons, and features all fall into place quite easily.
So if you are looking for a small, light, and easy to use handheld GPS unit the Garmin etrex Touch 35 is ideally suited.
Garmin etrex Touch 35 Handheld GPS Navigator
- Easy to use, even one-handed
- Longlasting and sturdy
- Excellent accuracy
- Easy to read color display
- Long battery life
- Instruction manual not very detailed
- Mapsource software needs updating straight away
- Need to buy a microSD card for more maps
Overall the Garmin etrex Touch 35 is a great value, all-around handheld GPS unit, suitable for those who want a GPS device to do a decent job in any outdoor terrain, without breaking the bank.
If you are an extreme backwoods traveler or want a more up-to-date specialist unit then this isn’t the one for you, but for fishing trips and camping weekends if you want reliability and safety at the best price the Garmin etrex Touch 35 is a good choice.
Here’s what one happy owner has to say about his Garmin etrex Touch 35 –
Review by Steven PB
I bought the Garmin etrex Touch 35 GPS unit at Amazon, arriving on time and as advertised. This handheld GPS works with no problems so far.
I downloaded free City Navigator NT from a torrent site, but also ordered the latest microSD card with the same city maps preloaded as the map I got for free was not current.
The unit is accurate to within 13 feet as described by technical specifications of the unit. The battery life is amazing which was an important purchasing point for me. The backlight is very good and the color display although small is very good.
I have used it on some hikes and a camping trip, also used it in a vehicle to help me find restaurants in an unfamiliar city. Worked great! This unit is accurate to within a couple of seconds with its turn commands. I did a lot of shopping before deciding on this particular model over the Garmin 60csx, the Garmin etrex Touch 35 is a better value in my opinion.
Read more: Best 10 handheld GPS units Reviews